Wednesday 25 September 2013

Taget audience

The particular audience I am aiming my music video at will be about mid teens to mid twenties (15-25). This is due to the fact that around this age range most individuals enjoy attending live gigs. I think this age group would be most appropriate as when the band first started out they were in this target market. I would say that Klangkarussell is a particularly mainstream band at the moment, as a lot of people have heard of them and enjoy listening to dance music recently. This is obvious as 'Sonnentanz' is in the top ten of the official charts in six different countries. Therefore I am aiming at a relatively mass market. 

Gender:
Due to the concept in my music video, it targets both genders. 
Furthermore, after looking at Klangkarussell's official website, there are a mixture of fans from both genders, resulting that I shouldn't just aim my music video at one specific gender. Although, some people may stereotype dance music as a more of a male based genre, most of my friends who listen to Klangkarussell are both male and female. So for those reasons I stated above, I believe it is the best option to aim my music video at both male and females. 

Genre:
The genre of music is dance, however, it is not heavy dance it is more easy listening, indie dance.

Lifestyle:
The general lifestyle I would expect my target audience to have would either be a student, study higher education such as university of having a part time job, where they have time to attend gigs. I would also say that they are more interested in mainstream songs and artists, and would prefer artists that have the potential to become popular with the right marketing and advertisement. This would include, radio, social networking, TV advertisement, sites such as 'Twitter', 'Instagram', 'Facebook' etc. Additionally, they may have a close group of friends which they enjoy listening and sharing the same music on 'Spotify' or other music sites as well as attending gigs and festivals every so often. 

Interests:
The main interests that I would imagine my target market doing would them be listening music in their spare time, relaxing with their groups of friends as well as attending local gigs, big festivals and one of the favourite bands concerts on a regular basis. 

Socio-economic group:
My target audience for this particular style of music I believe would fit into class D and E. this would mainly down to the fact that most of individuals aged 15-25 will either be students, unemployed or working on minimum wage. Although, they may have a lack of money they would most probably spend it on gigs and festivals rather than anything else.

Concept:
The concept of my music video doesn't have a specif story line, I have mainly used the music videos that have inspired me when making the video. 

Representations:
The main representations I am going to include is to show the difference between the happy memories vs reality.

Why?
The particular genre of music I have chosen to represent my theme in my music video, will be used to attract the mass
 market that know of the band and will end up becoming more popular due to the process of "word of mouth". This particular song I have chosen is not heavy dance and it may not appeal to people that prefer to that genre of music, however it will appeal to the type of people that listen to a lot of mainstream music.

No comments:

Post a Comment